Canon L Series Lenses Filter by Press enter to collapse or expand the menu. Canon has just released two brand new RF lenses for its full frame mirrorless line of cameras. The discontinued EF 50mm f /1.0L USM is a professional L series autofocus lens. Action sports photographers with reasonably close subjects are another group that will regularly employ this lens - as long as its AF can keep up with their particular subjects. Moving this large amount of glass yields an AF speed is not on par with Canon's ultra-fast rear-focusing lenses. Next up is the 70-200mm f4L IS USM telephoto lens which is 32% shorter (at the wide-angle position) and 11% lighter than the EF counterpart!. Consider renting. Exceptionally bright f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations. A tripod was used - the camera was focused on a stationary test target. The lens is just 4.7″ long and weighs only 1.5lbs, and still has the build quality and weather-sealing you know and love from the rest of the L-series lineup. Being a prime Canon L Series Lens, One aspherical element helps to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering. Schedule your rental now! Bokeh.The bokeh and background blur produced by this lens are very smooth and high quality. Speed up future orders, see order history, create wish lists, and more. Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Lens, 4 Stars. It delivers very good image sharpness - especially for the extremely low price. Solid.This is a well-built and sturdy, just as you’d expect from the Canon L series. You have until Feb 01, 2021 to return or exchange items bought after Oct 19, 2020. The f/2.5 macro is only half-a-macro (.5x), has mediocre build quality and has a rather slow aperture for a prime lens in this focal length range. AF is quieter and faster than the f/1.8 but not as fast as Canon's best lenses - and is poorly damped. From f/1.2 to somewhere between f/2 and f/2.8, no other Canon 50mm lens is as sharp as this one at respective apertures. Winning bid: US $870.00 [ 40 bids] Shipping: Free Local Pickup | See details . AF is noisy and the MF ring is barely useable - there is no FTM and no distance window or markings. A Canon 50mm will bring your subject into sharp focus with its wide apertures, creating beautiful background blur. Create a B&H Account, America's Best Customer Service List-Newsweek, Prices, specifications, and images are subject to change without notice. A fast prime lens is a wonderful addition to any photographer's arsenal. And my aditional tests confirmed a slight backfocusing at 10-20" or so. document[imgDocID].src = eval(imgObjName + '.src'); © 2000-2020 B & H Foto & Electronics Corp. 420 9th Ave, New York, NY 10001, Canon ES-78 Lens Hood for EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens. This beast is killer for portraits and all-around a fun lens to have in your kit, I just don't use it enough to keep it around :) Included with your purchase are all original paperwork, packaging, and the cloth/leather carrying bag that has never been removed from its plastic. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Lens. Deal. The email address you entered was an invalid email. The same lenses are pictured below with their included lens hoods. It shows the middle amount of CA, but often shows strong halation at f/1.4 (yields a soft, dreamy look). Because of their solid build and large amounts of glass, both lenses feel heavy relative to their small-medium size. - Bryan, My Recommended Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens Retailers, More Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens Related Information, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. It is very light (4.6 oz/130g) and very small (2.7" x 1.6"/68.2mm x 41.0mm - WxL). With a fixed focal length at 50 mm, you can produce natural-looking images in great quality with enhanced sharpness, extra contrast, and reduced distortion. A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override. It delivers only adequate color compared to the two other 50s. Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques. Thus, I depend solely on the commissions received from you using the links on this site to make any purchase. It also shows the middle amount of flare - noticeably less than the f/1.8 and noticeably more than the f/1.2. One of the competitive priced options available is the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens. Exposure accuracy is very good. A long-discontinued Canon EF 50mm f/1.0 L Lens is available for an extremely high price on the used market, EF 50mm f /1.0L USM. On the used market sells for as much as double the original retail value. Canon L1 featured a number of important innovations: - a greatly improved three mode viewfinder, described below. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens (right) are presented. We close every Friday evening to Saturday evening for Shabbos. Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Overview Clearly distinguished by its bright maximum aperture, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM is a normal-length L-series prime also sporting a … Results even at f/1.2 are very pleasing. Rating () () () () BRAND. extension tubes. You'll find new or used products in Canon 50mm Camera Lenses on eBay. Prior to the introduction of the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens, the Canon 50mm standard lens choices were the To this regard, the 50 f/1.2L turns in decent but not-as-good-as-I-expected sharpness. Canon EF 50mm F/1.2L USM Telephoto Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras Not responsible for typographical or illustrative errors. and is significantly lighter - 19.2 oz (545g) compared to 36.2 oz (1025g). EOS Lenses. The focus ring is smooth, slightly stiff and very well damped. With a widest-currently-available f/1.2 aperture, the 50mm f/1.2 allows extremely fine control over depth of field - allowing the primary subject to pop. Must Do: Browse the Mega Deal Zone at B&H – About 1,200 Items Heavily Discounted – 3 Days Only or While They Last! Candlelight yields a shutter speed of 1/80 from a few feet away at f/1.2 and ISO 1600 - easily enough for handholding this lens. Though not terribly slow, the 50 f/1.2 uses a front-focusing design that extends/retracts the front lens elements inside the lens barrel. BACK TO TOP . The front lens elements that extend/retract inside the lens barrel require a 72mm filter to complete their sealing. Still Live and Hot: Sony Holiday Deals – Educational Accounts Save 15-20% at B&H, "Last Minute Savings" – Save $100 on the Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens with Free Accessories, Merry Christmas from SmugMug — Save 30% During End-of-Year Sale, Canon USA EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens Press Release, Canon UK EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens Press Release, « Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8 Tilt Shift Lens Review. Up for sale, I have the Canon 50mm f/1.2 L series prime lens. Like the 50 f/1.4 and 50 f/1.8, the lens hood uses a not-as-cool-looking-as-the-petal-type flat design. the Canon 50 f/1.2 far exceeds all existing Canon 50mm lenses in nearly all aspects - including three negative ones: size, weight and price. IMG15 = new Image(525,567) Renting is fast and easy. There are two variations of this lens and in this guide, we look at the Canon 50mm 1.4 vs 1.8 models. bigger. The impressively fast f/1.2 maximum aperture affords a great degree of control over depth of field for isolating subjects and producing desirable selective focus effects. In the above comparison image, the background blur of the The 50 f/1.4 quietly focuses slightly faster than the f/1.2, but is not well damped. Canon has an excellent range of prime lenses. It delivers the middle background blur quality - much better than the f/1.8 but not as good as the f/1.2. This site receives. The f/1.4's MF ring is much more usable than the 50 f/1.8's but is not nearly as nice as the 50 f/1.2's. The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens delivers excellent image quality for the price. It is reasonably (and usably) sharp at f/1.2 and continues to get sharper as it is stopped down several stops. The EF 50mm f/1.2L USM is suitable for any shooting situation; its lens coating and construction are optimized to minimize the ghosting and flare that frequently occurs when lenses are used with digital cameras. Details about Canon 50mm f/1.2 L-series lens See original listing. by those needing a more-pleasing background blur quality than the other two 50s deliver, by those requiring the least amount of lens flare in their results or Item location: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States. Although the maximum aperture opening differences between these lenses is obvious, the affect of the lens design and aperture blades on the background blur is not. IMG11.src = 'https://media.the-digital-picture.com/Images/Other/Canon-EOS-1D-X-Digital-SLR-Camera/Canon-EOS-1D-X-Digital-SLR-Camera-1.jpg' The 50mm f2.8 lens sold for 16,000 yen while the 50mm f1.2 cost 60,000 yen. Both the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens (above left with optional ES-62 lens hood) and Since I don't shoot with a lens like this at these distances very often, I had to go back and check mine. The … } ... RF 50mm F1.2 L USM. This is a mechanical manual focusing lens - unlike the 85 f/1.2's focus-by-wire design - I like this design better. RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM. Features () () Lens Type ... EF 50mm f/1.2L USM (53) $1,399.00 Out of Stock. The Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L wide-angle lens is a terrific standard lens for casual photographers and photojournalists who value low-light capability and high performance. Rating. Standard prime lenses have a much greater maximum aperture, such as Canon's current 50mm and 85mm L lenses which open to f /1.2. Regret Elimination Sale: B&H is Repeating Past Deal Zone Deals on About 1,200 – Only 2 Days Left or While They Last! IMG11 = new Image(525,567) The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens is the low end 50. 3 Stars. SKU: … 430 reviews. This makes changing lenses or using multiple cameras easier. Serv. Canon’s L-series lenses have better build quality than their non-L counterparts. I should say weather-sealing-capable because a filter is required to complete the factory weather sealing. Complementing the imaging attributes, a ring-type USM is employed to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. It is a perfect tool for basic portraits and scenic shots, especially at night. In the top row of pictures, the difference in background blur harshness is easily seen. 1 Stars. //End comment tag.-->, Bringing you this site is my full-time job (typically 60-80 hours per week). Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens (left), The 50 f/1.2L is shown above mounted on a Canon 1D X DSLR and compared the 50 f/1.4. The f/1.8 lens is an excellent value (sharp images for a cheap price) but offers little in terms of build quality. Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens and I'd get mine at Adorama, at Amazon, at B&H or at Crutchfield, or used for about $900 at eBay (see How to Win at eBay). It is even slightly sharper than the f/1.2 from f/2.8 through f/8 or so. There was definitely an opening in Canon's lens lineup for a new high quality, professional grade 50mm lens. This high-performance, weather-resistant lens delivers all the superb image resolution and contrast you expect in a Canon L Series Lens. An 8-blade circular aperture delivers best-in-class out-of-focus blur even when stopped down. Flare is especially well controlled - This helps the 50 f/1.2 to lens deliver excellent color and contrast. Since Canon already has a 50mm f/1.4 lens, they would not release a slightly wider aperture version at a far higher price, size and weight You expect to get what you ordered, and you want to pay a low price for it. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens (below center) and The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens falls in the middle of the three 50s I am discussing in many ways. While the physical features of this lens are mostly excellent, they would not be worth much if the resulting image quality was not good. I can't say that the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens is as great of a value as the 50 f/1.4, but I do think it is worth the price to serious photographers who need what it can deliver. Large f/1.2 Aperture Corner light fall-off ranges from strong at f/1.2 on a full frame body until becoming negligible at f/2.8 or so. Even the 50mm f/1.2L (click for my review) that would come much later (2007) weighs an insignificant 545g by comparison. This high-performance, weather-resistant lens delivers all the superb image resolution and contrast you expect in a Canon L Series Lens. IMG12.src = 'https://media.the-digital-picture.com/Images/Other/Canon-EOS-1D-X-Digital-SLR-Camera/Canon-EOS-1D-X-Digital-SLR-Camera-2.jpg' As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions. Do you need/want the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens for only a short period of time? The 50 f/1.2L is going to be purchased by those who want the best image quality they can get from f/1.2 to f/2, I see slight barrel distortion at minimum focus distance but that is mostly gone by about 30" (.8m). A Canon ES-78 Lens hood and Canon LP1214 Lens Pouch are includes in the 50 f/1.2L box. Deal. An advantage to this design is that you can sit your lens or camera/lens combo in a hood-down position on a flat surface without it immediately tipping over. We are welcoming the new Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM and the Canon RF 70-200mm F4 L IS USM lenses into the Canon mirrorless lens family. The lens cap is a bit hard to reach within the installed lens hood. One such prime lens is the Canon 50mm lens. IMG14 = new Image(525,567) Shop eBay for great deals on Canon 50mm Camera Lenses. but the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens was the best 50mm lens available new prior to the 50 f/1.2's release. CA is minimal. I am grateful for your support! Or, would you feel more comfortable buying after having a hands-on trial period? RF 85mm F1.2 L USM. without offering significantly better features and image quality. At around f/2.8 through f/5.6 or f/8, there are other Canon 50mm lenses that are sharper. As the razor thin DOF allows no margin for error, I have shot this test about 30 times to ensure optimal results - the best results are posted. The lens--which hails from Canon's L series--is equipped with an aspherical lens element … The 50 f/1.2 is somewhat shorter and much narrower - 3.4 x 2.6" (85.4mm x 65.5mm)(LxW) compared to the 85's 3.6" x 3.3" (91.5 x 84.0mm) - Gen. #0907906. Sharpness isn't everything. Like the 85 f/1.2L II, the 50 f/1.2L has an f/16 minimum aperture. Canon’s other 50mm option at the time, the 50mm f/1.8, weighed a paltry 190g by comparison, making the 50mm f/1.0L a full 5 times heavier! The above sample was taken from about 30% from the center toward the upper-left edge, the sample below was from near-center of the image. The Canon EF 50mm F1.2L USM is an exceptionally fast standard lens for Canon's full-frame and APS-C format DSLRs.