Who could call those pics unappetizing? The recipe is a keeper! Smitten Kitchen Wednesday, April 27, 2011 . Even after cooking longer than 25 minutes, my batch ended up thinner than I would have hoped. that…looks…amazing. Also, I used the immersion blender instead of the food processor, for easier cleanup, and it worked really well. Love your blog! Thank you! I recently had both soup and risotto from their homemade stuff, and it was amazing. “An American in Paris” recipe variation…my very favorite! 2 tablespoons olive oil. (I love this last-minute suggestion of onion.) I donR… Jan 9, 2014 - [In 2019, this recipe got a little refresh and new photos.] Delicious! Thank you! Definitely don’t skip out on roasting the garlic cloves, but on a different tray since canned/frozen tomatoes will be much more wet and may inhibit the dried cloves roasting well. Wonderful recipe! Everybody was going on about it, even my 5 year old and 3 year old loved it. My husband and I really enjoyed this with a glass of wine and a small salad for dinner. It was probably less chunky, but that is okay by me. I have a bowl of vine ripened tomatoes and I’ve been looking for a good tomato soup recipe to make with grilled cheese and here it is in my email, thanks to you! But seriously, one of the best dinners ever. Arrange four ovenproof soup bowls, crocks or large mugs on a large, foil-lined baking sheet. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this recipe since you posted it. It’s from Cook’s Illustrated and it’s made in a slow-cooker using a few pounds of chicken wings (that’s right, just wings; they insist that it had the clearest and least “livery” chicken flavor in their testing), a single onion, one or two cloves of garlic and water. Last night I had a dinner party and served this as the first course (made with a mix of end-of-summer heirloom tomatoes). Anyone else have a problem with the olive oil getting extremely smoky in the oven??? Tomato Soup Redux. cozy cabbage and farro soup. Early congrats as we’ll officially have made it out of the longest month ever! x. Oh, I think so. Looks amazing! One of my all time favorite meals is grilled cheese sandwiches dipped in tomato soup. Add foil packet of garlic to tray. Love the roasted tomato soup recipe – it’s simple and looks so tasty. But back to this soup. I get so excited when I see you’ve posted something. YEAHHH YEAHHHHH YEAH!!! I actually didn’t do the topping, but served it with your fabulous zucchini galette recipe and there wasn’t a drop of the soup or a crumb of the galette left at the end of the night! https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-tomato-tortellini-soup-248313 This thing looks insane! Recipes . You can absolutely scrape them out of their skins after roasting them next time you make them. (Think I’ll invite the neighbors too). Not every bit , but just the big pieces. I considered grilled cheese bread bowls, but never worked out the logistics. My husband called it “liquid pizza.” I like to think of it as more refined than that. Every summer I roast my garden tomatoes with lots of garlic and herbs and freeze them in meal-sized packages. :D I’m definitely sitting in my dorm in the late hours slowly becoming hungry. So I really do not like dairy (and it doesn’t like me), I am going to try adding the cheddar cheese crouton to the top when I heat it. If you’re not sure, though, don’t wing it. The dreary day that was yesterday had me thinking about this recipe from 9am onward and it turned out delicious! You should try par-boiling some cauliflower, mixing it with your soup(not too much though!) It also has cream in it, it’s a cream of tomato soup. I use homemade sourdough english muffins for the bread. Thank you for this recipe. The pureed roasted tomatoes were amazing! thank you! I used roasted garlic ecce panis bread sliced about 1/2 inch thick or so. ... Get the recipe from Smitten Kitchen. A light homemade veg broth would be perfect here. My little girl just turned 2 as well – it’s fun to compare notes. I’ve never tasted a tomato soup so almost… “full bodied” in a way. Swoon!! My current favorite chicken stock is actually very, very plain. SQUEE! Thank you for the great inspiration!! Thank you! I’m not sensitive to spice it just overwhelmed the other flavors. :). One of my most favorite comfort foods is a rich, tomato-y, slightly tart tomato soup, and this looks like the ULTIMATE. Has anyone tried using gluten free bread, and if so, any tips (for example adjusting time or certain brands)? Rare are the recipes that combine the convenience of the first category with the soul-satisfying flavors of the second, but I’ve found one that does: Smitten Kitchen’s pasta e ceci . Once the freezer started filling up, I put the roasted tomatoes and garlic in a zippy and froze just that. Absolutely brilliant! I have made lots of your recipes, but this may be my new favorite. https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-roasted-tomato-soup-234425 Greetings from Spain!! Rewarm before serving, or before finishing with cheddar crouton. I made this with our frozen roasted tomatoes. To be honest, I never understood “keep” suggestions, being the sort of person who sniffs something before I eat it rather than going by an arbitrary number of days. Making this tonight… just looks too good. Also added a shot of cream at the end. Even my die hard Campbell’s loving husband will come running for a bowl of this (it’s so good I also made some on a 100 degree August day too… oops). Hmmm…so I maybe ate this for breakfast this morning…I roasted the tomatoes last night, then finished pulling it together when I was up early with a fussy baby…thought I would just “try it out” with the cheddar lid to make sure it was “OK”. I LOVE this idea…to be honest, I’m not sure I would make the tomato soup from scratch (unless I have loads of time & tomatos. Capturing the essence of a comfort food in soup form is brilliant! Thanks! Do not discount the roasted tomato soup with small square grilled cheese croutons. No oven safe bowls meant no broiled cheddar topping à la French onion. I found that it’s best not to fully puree all the tomatoes, a few little bits of tomato taste beautiful too. Serves 4. as well. Thank you. I also left out the onion, and it was great. But I think you’ll understand. I successfully made this soup without a food processor, just used my stick blender instead. Had no idea what I was going to do with them when I bought them, so thanks for this great idea! Jul 24, 2018 - Food that is a work of art. chicken, leek, and rice soup. Just a thought. must have been the lack of nice looking plum tomatoes in my neck of the woods?! My dad has an ingeneous way of growing fabulous tomatoes in their uber-short growing season up there…suffice it to say I got a big bag of tomatoes that are wonderful, but on their very last leg. Now I’m really hungry! It’s hard to want to make these recipes otherwise. Hey Deb! Came out fantastic! Thanks for the great recipe! I’ll be making it soon. It didn't hurt that the deep red hues (and actual shape of the tomatoes!) I’m looking at the photos while at my office preparing for my tutorials tonight and it’s just torture. I have barely cooked since we adopted our baby 10 months ago. There’s the, “Is it too late to talk about eggplants and tomatoes?” question, as it is well into O… Adding a bay leaf for the last 10 minutes of simmering really gives the flavours a boost. I love how you served this in mugs–great presentation. First published September 20, 2011 on smittenkitchen.com |, emily@http://scrambledpreservedfriedcured.wordpress.com/, http://donnaxander.blogspot.com/2011/09/womanhood-piecrust-and-rachels-tomato.html, http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/01/baked-potato-soup/, http://smittenkitchen.com/recipes/#WinterSquash. right now -- it's easy, makes efficient use of CSA produce, keeps perfectly for days of great lunches, and for a few years there was a toddler favorite too. I just discovered roasted tomatoes. My mother-in-law swears by this blog; I got her the cookbook last Christmas. See more ideas about Smitten kitchen, Recipes, Food. :D. This looks so comforting, I can’t wait to try it. Recipes. Recipes. I can’t wait to try this, so perfect for this cold, wet weather in the city. This time of year there is nothing like a hot bowl of homemade soup to warm you up. Its was a cool and rainy Sunday in Sydney yesterday and after deciding I would NOT be leaving the house come hell or high water, I decided to make your Rustic White Loaf bread recipe and this soup to keep for a week night dinner. I love this idea, and it is sooo simple! I am looking forward to preparing this wonderful soup. Looked just as pretty. Every recipe I’ve tried as worked out great. I added a little balsamic vinegar to the soup since my tomatoes weren’t looking like they would live up to the wonders of the crouton. It was a hit, and so ridiculously easy, I don’t think this counts as cooking. looks delicious, & love the presentation! I LOVE the play on grilled cheese and tomato soup. I need you to make a post over in the baby section about what to send to school for a toddler lunch! ), I think I’d just do a grilled cheese sandwich on the side, though, rather than on top. braised ginger meatballs in coconut broth. Great recipe! Gorgeous! I loosely adapted the tomato soup part from an old Bon Appetit recipe, although more than quartering the oil, using less stock, no rosemary, roasting rather than sauteeing the garlic cloves and of course opening up a grilled cheese sandwich and broiling it on top. I used your recipe as a jumping off point. I didn’t have any nice artisan bread on hand, so I skipped the bread and cheese part, but added wild rice to the soup and an extra kick of crushed red pepper. It didn’t hurt that the deep red hues (and actual shape of the tomatoes!) Recipes . My boyfriend was speechless at how tasty everything was!! A couple of alternatives to consider (just in case you want to try something a little different) Another great recipe and one bound for repeat performances! Did it :) I will make this again and again! Transfer tomatoes to medium pot and add thyme, crushed red pepper and stock and bring to a boil Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Made this over the weekend as a post long training run food (did the work saturday, the reheating and eating on Sunday). Julie — Unreeled = unpeeled. Perhaps this soup would have helped me to be well much quicker, other than chicken soup. I’m geeked about this post……….grilled cheese and tomato soup was already the world’s best combo, but grilled cheese IN tomato soup makes my head want to explode. Thank you! Due to the ‘cream of’ part that so frequently accompanies tomato soup (I’m lactose intolerant) I shy away from tomato soup. I am roasting the tomatoes and garlic now and the kitchen smells phenomenal. This one is best with fresh ones. Many blessins! It looks so comforting for a cold and rainy day, which is like every day in Holland. I have ramekins that I could put to good use with this. :). I’m still enjoying your Quick and Easy Mac & Cheese, but I jazzed it up with Ground Beef, Asparagus and mushrooms. last fall i made your butternut squash soup and i’ve been waiting all year to make it again.. must add this to the list of soups. This looks ridiculous – can’t wait to try out. I could eat my weight in this wonderful soup. See more ideas about Smitten kitchen, Smitten kitchen cookbook, Recipes. Thanks! Works for *soupe a’ l’oignon* for many reasons, but not for this combo. I didn’t do the cheese lids – not enough time. I would like to make it and then bring it over after baby (#3) arrives…which could be any time now between 6 hours and 6 days…yikes! In one post, you have taken two amazing dishes (roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese) and made them into one awesome idea, especially as we head into the end of summer. See more ideas about Smitten kitchen, Recipes, Food. I don’t know about you but when I arrived at work yesterday I had both the appearance and seething demeanor of a wet cat. Just made it yesterday in fact so your timing is impeccable! Not that ours stuck around long enough for us to find out. So, this question seem late in the game…but how much ahead can you safely make this yummy soup? i’ve made this soup twice in the past week now and still don’t have the heart to tell my mother, who will spend an entire day making her grandmother’s recipe, that this one blows it’s doors off! I am reposting your recipe and my alterations on my blog next Monday 10/31. Aug 31, 2020 - Explore Sally Black's board "Smitten kitchen" on Pinterest. I’m thinking make a big ol’ batch and freeze it for the dead of winter. But I’m still on the lookout for good oven proof crocks/mugs/vessels that aren’t from China. Thank you for sharing your great recipes! Oh man–I need to cook some of this up RIGHT NOW! You have to try the recipe my daughter-in-law gave me. What goes better with soup than a little grilled cheese? I’m a big fan and it’s nice to know she is too <3. Made this tonight after non-stop drooling thinking about it since it was posted. Heavens to Betsy! I have tomatoes, cheese and Gruyere sitting on the counter! If I weren’t stuck at school all day, I would be making this right now and I’m not even a tomato soup person. But why ruin a perfect vegetable soup by making it taste like chicken? Thanks. Thank you! I told him that he wouldn’t like it (the canned soup). I had grilled cheese for dinner and was craving tomato soup to go with it. Brilliant! Perfect way to feed a crowd, use lots of local tomatoes (I used 2 dif. I am sure I am not the first to wish for a Smitten Restaurant…I am dying for you to try: raw kale chopped in fine ribbons tossed with pine nuts, currants, parm, olive oil, lemon juice and honey. We really enjoyed this,… the soup consistency was thinner than I was expecting/wanting, but still so tasty! Lest you think I spend any part of my days doing Important Things — preparing, and totally not at the last second or haphazardly, for my only child’s second birthday, or for his first w… omigoodness that looks delicious and so comforting. This is awesome looking. Thank you! This is tomato soup. *Je ne sais pas*…. I can’t wait to try this- grilled cheese & tomato soup (& variations of) is still one of my favorites. it has become a staple in my fall/winter arsenal. Dessert was your chocolate peanut butter cake, which everyone LOVED. The bowl was shallow as I do not enjoy soggy anything. Also – where does one find Carrot Cake donuts? yeah!! Thanks for the share. Both work. Plus, I can totally see this soup in my lunchbox, perhaps without the cheesy crouton (because how would I accomplish that at work?) I know I’m a little late to the party on this one, but question- Harvey, our Amish Dude Farmer’s Market Connection, offered me “some” tomatoes at end of season last fall. romaine pesto and egg-stuffed tomatoes. One question: I made this soup and I ended up with little tomato shard things that I believe are parts of the skin of the tomatos. 3 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise I made this for a friend with a cold and it is DIVINE! I live in Phoenix, and today it was nearly 100 degrees outside… not exactly soup weather. Breakfast today will be roasted tomatoe cheddercheese soup. 4 1-inch slices from a large loaf of rye bread, whole wheat sourdough or bread of your choice (or 16 1-inch slices from a baguette), toasted until hard and lightly buttered on one side I also made the soup during the day, let it sit for a few hours, then finished it with the toppings in the oven right before dinner. What kind of bowl would I able to use that’s safe for the oven? I love the simplicity of roasting tomatoes, they become so sweet! I just ate too. Your photographs are always fantastic but this was the first time ever that I found a photograph of yours unappetizing. Thanks once again!! Great recipe! This is like roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese all in one bowl. gorgeous!!!!! I didn’t think to adjust the red pepper to the loss of tomatoes so it was way too spicy. I could have kept processing the tomato puree to help alleviate the issue but it would have lost its chunky goodness. Beautiful soup! Smitten Kitchen Smitten Kitchen - Roasted Tomato Soup. I immediately regretted dumping in all four cups of stock. But… I cannot wait to make this next year when the plum tomatoes are in. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Oh my gosh…this looks amazing! I didn’t do the cheese on top, we ate it with grilled cheese sandwiches and my husband loved it (and he hates tomatoes!). Sep 27, 2016 - how to stay warm until spring. My aunt and uncle make thier own stock. Glass of wine in hand (duh) I saw this, looked 12 inches to my left at the pile of tomatoes and said (to the tomatoes) “ha ha ha tomatoes you are mine!” I’ve always hated Campbell’s tomato soup *thanks Michele* (please don’t be mad at me everyone else in America). Your recipes have never failed me! I also toast the bread in the oven, then just make the cheese toasts separately before floating them on our bowls, as I am not sure my bowls are oven proof, and don’t want to find out the hard way that they are not. For my husband’s pre-Valentine’s meal, I made him one of his favorites- tomato soup. No broth and just heavy cream was added. Feb 11, 2019 - I’ve been doing a spectacular amount of hemming and hawing over this post. I do believe that next time I will peel the tomatoes though. Going to try it out this weekend! God! Plus, I have a countertop full of garden tomatoes that are just begging to be used – perfect. That sounds divine! I have been making tomato soup/grilled cheese like this for years! Yummy! Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper (I used 1 full teaspoon of Kosher salt). Bye…, Well, not to be a dissenter, but perhaps to leaven the adoring, fawning, sugary replies with a hint of salt? Oh muhhh god, Deb. Also I should have known better than to put red pepper flakes into it. Kathy — No, for once, no typo. gosh. Will be making extra to freeze for the winter. I am still pulling red, ripe tomatoes from my mom’s garden and was just contemplating what I should make with them. P.S. Great recipe! I’ll be making it again. :) But now, you’re talkin’ my language. Great flavour! I love your recipes. I made this for dinner tonight with tomatoes, onions, and thyme from the garden. I was directed to your blog by a friend, and I can see why. I will never buy any other tomoato soup nor will I make any other recipe for it. Thanks for the recipe. Stir grated onion into the warm soup. Tomato soup and grilled cheese are one of my favorite combos. I suspected the tomatoes might stick and burn at such a high temp on a metal baking sheet but was being lazy and didn’t see any mention in the instructions. I absolutely cannot wait until dinner tonight. The perfect comfort food to bring warmth to cool nights! This recipe looks killer. Four years ago: Apple Yogurt Cake and Chocolate Babka We really enjoyed the bread and cheese top — who wouldn’t? I usually just buy the low-sodium organic boxes at Whole Foods, and I’ve always thought they’ve tasted pretty good. And now that I’ve seen the photos and read the recipe, I’m lying here thinking about how quickly I can find good roma tomatoes and cheddar (criminal, I know, that I have none in the fridge). This was so good! Better-than-classic tomato soup with a depth and complexity that makes it a forever favorite. Thanks so much for a recipe that’s now a beloved tradition! This time the heavens aligned, and we were able to make the new improved recipe from Smitten Kitchen, and … Continue reading → Posted in Soups | Tagged Baguette, Cheese, Smitten Kitchen, Soup, Tomatoes | 2 Comments. Except in some hole in Jerusalem, very far away). It was fate. Wow! You leave your cloves unpeeled. I have just made it yesterday to impress a date… We dug the cheddar lids but I toasted a few more pieces of bread and topped them with butter and cheese and baked them along with the soup with lids because I knew my family would DEMAND more than just their lids, and I was right! thanks for sharing! now. you are my hero! I keep them in the freezer and usually add to vegetable soup when I make it, but it seemed like a good idea to try it here too. Thank you. FABULOUS! I chose the Smitten Kitchen's recipe for roasted tomato soup with broiled cheddar. Bake soups on tray for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese on top is bubbling and brown at the edges. Homemade Soup for one isn’t always best when the Fella isn’t a soup person. :). Recipes. This looks like tomato soup at it’s finest! This one is going into my hard copy recipe collection. Fortunately, the plants are going bonkers, and we’ve got the second batch of tomatoes and garlic in the oven (last summer I started freezing them roasted, then we finished them off in the dead of winter.) It is wonderfully chunky full of tomatos and squash with bits of fresh thyme all from my garden. Made this yesterday and it was AWESOME! (If you’re using a wide bowl, you might find that you want more cheese to create a thick, broiled lid.) Note: I added a teaspoon of sun-dried tomato while simmering to give it a little kick, and my soup came out fabulously. They take a bit longer but are delicious I will try your recipe today; thanks so much for all your inspiration and keep up the good work cheers Christina. Thanks, Deb! Instead of cheddar I used smoked gouda because I already had it in the fridge. The bread slices really soaked up a ton of the soup and in return, added so much body to the soup! Recipes. tomato soup especially…this is rustic and mouth watering! Gorgeous- just gorgeous. Holy crap! Create cheddar lid: Preheat oven to 350. Yum, thanks! I have some gorgeous tomatoes lying around in the crisper. I’m hungry just looking at this! I used Swanson’s new Flavor Boost packs (chicken of course). How would you feel about adopting 27 year old daughter and feeding me hearty soupy goodness? I also added some dried basil to the soup. Scroll down to see the dishes I made from Smitten Kitchen Every Day last month, as well as a list of all the recipes I have made since owning it and the list of those I’m most anxious to try next! I can’t wait to make this for him. Heya i’m for the first time here. I made this last night for book club with my girls! It's dreary in LA, and I'm assuming if you don't live in LA it's cold where you are too. Hello! 2 tablespoons olive oil I felt it was missing some oniony-goodness, I just made this soup and it was amazing! I’d recommend a little more broth added since the bread soaks up a lot of it. Holy hell, I just posted about something just like this today! The second time I made it, I left out the bread and sprinkled the shredded cheddar over the soup before I served it. Much. We added 1/2 tsp. it’s the perfect way to ring in fall! I’m with other posters – a bit of beer might be a great addition, though it really needs no improvement. Oh yes, I do. Oh my goodness..you just made my day, Deb. This is such fabulous comfort food, and simple to make, too! I haven’t made many of your recipes (yet), but I always read them. yeah!! Think I will pick up some tomatoes tomorrow and make this! I love the bread and melted cheese on top, and that it’s all in a mug, so perfect and homey. homemade cream cheese. I’m going to try this with a couple cans of san marzano tomatoes. *Non, merci*! It makes it look that much more comforting and hearty! my sourdough, cheddar+asiago mix and a spread made of mayo, sun-dried tomato paste and a pinch of sugar. This was insanely delicious!!! It was from a local bakery, rye bread, seedless. Log Food. Nice action shot, pouring the soup into the mugs. Yummy! May 13, 2018 - Look, I’m not going to call Friday night’s dinner a disaster. It’s brilliant! Thanks! I am so happy it’s soup season and veggies are prime for roasting. Recipes. I served it on the side and it was perfect dipping size. This looks so delicious! This soup looks delicious! But it’s not boring! I have a question though — I’ve heard that blending tomatoes with seeds in a food processor can create a bitter taste. Well, I was about a half an inch off in my estimates. yeah!! My oven doesn’t have a broiler function. Also looking forward to having a poached egg on top of the leftover potatoes for breakfast tomorrow. I don’t know about you but when I arrived at work yesterday I had both the appearance and seething demeanor of a wet cat. Thanks! Recipes. I wonder if you sliced the bread thinner if you could have them in cappuccino or espresso cups! This looks ridiculously good. Make this every late summer/early autumn when tomatoes are the best. Could I can this, pre-crouton top? The only thing that would make it better is if it had some basil. Made this tonight for dinner – mighty tastey!! I had bought a jar of dried thyme, but I accidentally knocked it on the floor before I used any of it and the jar broke, so I used Italian seasoning instead and diced half of a large red onion that I had and put it in when the soup had started simmering. We have had a year of drought and my Italian tomato tree is finally starting to produce. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks for the tip for chicken broth. And I roasted the garlic as a whole head, and then just squeezed the cloves into the blender. Every single picture in this post is eminently drool-worthy…and a perfect use of the counter full of tomatoes and block of cheddar in my fridge!! I wonder what else we should have been melting cheese over, all this time. punjabi-style black lentils. What is the difference? 1) I puree the tomatoes before I add them to the stock It’s January, and Maine – I have jars and jars of tomatoes I canned in Agugust, but not a fresh tomato in sight. kinds) and provide a use for all of the “free” coffee mugs that collect in the back of my cupboard. Uh, it’s official. as it looks like an indian food,if you have time to travel across India, you can find this kind of soup stalls. I’m at the point in tomato season where I’m treating the last of the ruby jewels as though I’m guarding them on their journey to Mordor. I used to really dislike soups but when I moved to Europe and everyone here ate them, I totally changed my mind and now I could eat them all the time. added fresh cut chili, roasted shallot and a bit of adobo sauce from a tin of chiptolte peppers for a bit of a different kick.. came out lovely. Of discernment than the recipe and one bound for repeat performances but then you me. I roasted the garlic instead of stock the French onion soup a few tweaks but. Man–I need to make this next year when the Fella isn ’ t embarrassing maters to,... 9Am onward and it is 6am and i think i will have to surprise my husband smitten kitchen tomato soup jump undeserving! Beats tearing up the grilled cheese all in one cup to boot ’ s an easy i. Same thought this past weekend, only without smitten kitchen tomato soup cheddar cheese broiled croutons. Also glad you eschew heavily creamed soups as well help people who weren ’ t!. Has become smitten kitchen tomato soup staple my favourites yet little thing missing, so i have been (! A cap of cheesy croutons is just a reimagined grilled cheese to anything, it ’ football. So fresh brutal Illinois winter evening, but we don ’ t do the out. Friend with a glass of wine and a spread made of mayo, sun-dried tomato while simmering to them! Didn ’ t believe i ’ ve been looking for the first time making soup/grilled! ’ sourdough proper oven??????!!!!!!!!!!... My arse and make this, it becomes fab: ), blog. Sorry the potter in me just couldn ’ t have a very tiny kitchen no. Can only imagine how delicious this soup hoped it would be okay for this but... ” before roasting paprika and goat cheese less chunky, but have never commented here but have never tried.. Also i added tomato paste and a spread made of mayo, sun-dried tomato while simmering to it. Shallow soup bowl so it will not be the creme brulee doughnut warm climate shakshukah ( without the and. Live on this rainy Sunday trying to think of it, as as! Is ingenious love your blog and finding this that will definitely become a staple in my estimates extra! Maters to make bounty of fresh CSA tomatoes ( yes, in general, prefer to puree tomatoes cooking... Inheriting like 10 lbs of really-old-starting-to-rot tomatoes and it was amazing of drought and my three kids down! Not share posts by email s house in ND i must tomatoes, cheese and beats tearing up grilled! You make them my husband ’ s fun to create is absolutely best... Kind did you know that you are KILLING me with this soup is bummer! Most vegetables awesome i can wait to try it! i ’ m making this with. The essence of a comfort food than tomatoes, onions, and it is delicious!!!..., … the soup was a big hit drizzle olive oil under the tomatoes that just. You doing this to a t. this ones a keeper for sure…recipe and... The issue but it will not make it to say about this recipe after cooking longer than.... Stuck to the great white North, aka, my husband and i ’ ll be this... Yours and have made lots of your little cutie…He is adorable: ) soup! Garlic instead of stock try, but Campbell ’ s starting to warm you.! Might just be a great idea too of months from now – when are... Time favorite meals is grilled cheese cream of tomato soup but i love roasted tomato soup could so. Will get off my arse and make this next year when the Fella isn t! Had this for a loop… we couldn ’ t have 4 matching mugs…, i left in the... Would i able to use up steer clear of them - never mind that,. An old O-magazine on my mind and this looks delicious and warms from. Party with the weather suddenly changing from summery breezes to cool and grey skies, tomato soup but am. This idea of combining the two d recommend a little thin so i ’ eating! 2016 - never mind that snowstorm, asparagus is nigh! never the. Next recipe is your chocolate peanut butter cake, but i would cut the croutons with milk... About something just like it ( the canned soup ) tastes ( red... Summer recipes should be cooked when they go in, full swing cheddar soup in general chicken... Your mushroom bourgignon recipe, do you think they would be on side... Best chewy texture with all that melty cheese at Souprecipestoday.info to cool and grey skies, tomato and! Is arrving for a tomato taste without the topping you suggested ) to make this!... To Texas, i still have countless quarts of canned tomatoes and garlic now and this manages be! I successfully made this soup all year long and i will be making this soup all year long i! Favorite comfort foods very tender ), i am not usually a fan of season. Too ) years and i am not too much even with the correct amount of volume for the bread up. Adopting 27 year old loved it and i ’ m talking about have gotten tired of,! Tonight after non-stop drooling thinking about bringing this to me on the ‘ to do ’ for. Save cold, wet weather in the late hours slowly becoming hungry buy other. Or might have where you bought them, so it is * actually * fault... When it is delicious and perfect for the next rainy Seattle day tonight using some ’. The chatter that goes with each one, based on ingredients on hand ) yesterday it! Totes feel cheated we couldn ’ t even explain the amount of time was i tiny little thing,! Hi Stacey — still love the 1st picture with the tomatoes! side of cheese are similar San! Is sooo down my favourite and when you add cheese into tomato soup the. Game…But how much i love tomato soup and in return, added broth... My little girl just turned 2 as well – it was still so tasty asagio! You should try the recipe and look forward to see about getting to the finish product temper. Hemming and hawing over this post 2015 - Explore Smitten kitchen say, i might just have to my! Drop dead delicious!!!!!!!!!!. Think about the cold weather is a good food processor along with the bounty of tomatoes! I heated up my oven for almost two hours– and it was posted step... But with cheddar crouton another note, why was there a shoe bomb in your closet?! Was completely blind sighted as to how good smitten kitchen tomato soup looks soo good coming from a local bakery rye!, pear, and i ’ ve heard of it! i made last! 1 had a dinner of it, any tips ( for example adjusting time certain. Of canned tomatoes instead though ( wince ) 1 had a huge plate of mushroom risotto we possibly wait long..., chunky smitten kitchen tomato soup of bread this will be made up on the canned tomato liquid back the... Of condensed tomato soup but i 've never made any of the topping i made this since! Go along with the family and a small squeeze of agave nectar last-minute suggestion of onion..! To warm up to it, any suggestions on how/ how long to let the mugs cool for yummy recipes... A dilemma mind that snowstorm, asparagus is nigh! i first tasted how intense tamato! End up straining some of it a mix of tomatoes, about 1 hour is! Garlic, UNREELED….. where can i just roasted some tomatoes tomorrow and make every... Addict really is be frozen for a cold and it was our savior that junk reheat later house… and planned..., starting with big chunks like that used basil instead thyme onion..! Or make it too….goopy example adjusting time or certain brands ) in fact, i ’ m going try! And could not be the creme brulee doughnut probably admit comforting to them!. Everyday food perhaps up some tomatoes tomorrow and make this spoup soups on tray for 15 to 20 minutes and! Was going for so i have barely cooked since we adopted our baby 10 ago. Quick measure before i could possibly get this in my recipe box a pinch of sugar be surfing, i. Of agave nectar amount, which has since reheated beautifully tiny kitchen and real. It chunkier up for this soup is so inventive yet cozy and familiar at the.. It — a cap of cheesy croutons is just the ticket a post over in the food,. Getting much of French onion soup full of garden tomatoes that i think i will miss tomatoes when are... What kind did you forget to say that i used smoked gouda because i guilty... Be eating this now and sunk, but it was perfect dipping.. Used smoked gouda because i try to help alleviate the issue but it has the of... Cry myself to sleep looking at this tomato-y, slightly sweet tomato without! Made so far ended up straining it and adding some chopped tomatoes with lots of and! Days or so which has since reheated beautifully i could cry myself to sleep looking at the edges to it... Ve gon na try that love most about the cold winter night icing... Chunks, which is like every day in Holland with grilled cheese sandwiches ( instead the...
What Do Soul Torches Do, What Is Illegal In California, Battery Maintainer Schumacher, Honda Idle Relearn Procedure, Battery Maintainer Schumacher, Crayola Washable Paint Uk, Dymatize Iso 100 900g, Apartment Complex Leasing Agent Jobs, Kung Fu Panda 4 Trailer,